A series of private roundtable forums and dinners exclusive to senior in-house counsel
GC Confidential is a key element of our WIN programme, representing a series of private roundtable forums and dinners across all of our UK offices to discuss issues facing General Counsel and Heads of Legal in an intimate, confidential environment. GC Confidential forums also take place in select international offices.
Since the launch of the WIN programme in early 2010, hundreds of GC's and Heads of Legal have engaged in our GC Confidential programme - actively contributing to the continued development of WIN, attending private events, supporting our WIN community as mentors, sharing their experience and insight at our panel events or by helping to shape the WIN programme on a committee or project group.
We are continuously building and growing our GC network, but all forums are by invitation only.
If you wish to get involved in GC Confidential, please contact us and one of our dedicated WIN Partners will be in touch with further details of local activity.
Do you wish to join our Client Advisory Committee and help shape the agenda?
We run annual dinners and roundtable forums for our advisory committee members, hosted by our senior partners to better understand what challenges you face and how we can better support you. Please email our WIN Programme Manager for more information and we will ensure you are personally added to our list.
Do you wish to join us as a future keynote panellist?
Below is a list of previous speakers who have joined us to host a keynote event and facilitate peer discussion and networking. We welcome any applications for speaking opportunities. Please email us to nominate your interest in an upcoming engagement.
Previous panellists for WIN
- Simon Levine, Global Co-CEO, DLA Piper
- Richard Susskind OBE, Author, President of the Society for Computers & Law and IT Adviser to Lord Chief Justice
- Jeremy Barton, General Counsel, KPMG
- David Eveleigh, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, Serco
- Mohammed Zain Ajaz, Group Head of Legal Operational Excellence, National Grid
- Kerry Phillip, Legal Director, Vodafone Group Enterprise, Vodafone
- Jimmy Vestbirk, tech entrepreneur and Founder of LegalGeek, the largest LawTech start-up community in the world
- Catherine McGregor, Editor-in-Chief, GC Magazine and Publishing Director, The Legal 500 (In-House)
- Kirsty Cooper, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, Aviva
- Kelly Harris, General Counsel, Simply Business
- Juliet Oliver, General Counsel, SRA
- Patrick Rowe, Managing Director, UK and Ireland Legal Group, Accenture
- David Cole, Deputy Group General Counsel, Atos
- Monica Risam, General Counsel, Aviva
- Jonathan Peddie, Managing Director of Litigation and Investigations, Barclays
- Sandie Okoro, Global General Counsel, Barings Asset Management
- Clare Shepherd, General Counsel, Cancer Research UK
- Nicholas Eldred, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, Christie's
- Robin Saphra, General Counsel, Colt Group S.A.
- Ken Resnick, General Counsel, GE Oil & Gas
- Jonathan Jowett, Company Secretary & General Counsel, Greggs
- Anthony Barratt, General Counsel & Company Secretary, Iglo Foods Group Limited
- Prini Pithouse, Head of Legal, Group Operations, Lloyds Banking Group
- Caroline Stockwell, Assistant General Counsel, Pfizer
- Leonie Fleming, General Counsel, Corporate Banking, GRG and Ulster Bank, RBS
- John Collins, General Counsel, RBS
- Gareth John, General Counsel, Sodexo
- Edward Smith, General Counsel, Telefonica UK Limited
- Joel Hanson, General Counsel & Company Secretary, Thames Water
- Julia Seary, Group and UK&I Legal Director, Thomas Cook Group
- Glenn Quadros, General Counsel (Outsourcing), Unilever
- Rosemary Martin, Group General Counsel & Company Secretary, Vodafone
- Dominic Bacon, General Counsel and Group Head of Compliance, WorldSpreads Group
- Tanya Murphy, Head of Legal, Zurich Financial Services
Note: Panellists listed as per their job title and position at the time of the event. The list above is not a comprehensive listing of all panellists.
What our clients are saying
WIN is a truly unique product offering, and a refreshing approach to client relationship management. DLA is clearly trying to understand what is important to us as clients, as a community of in-house lawyers, and has tailored a well-executed programme to meet our changing needs. I have been involved in shaping the WIN agenda, and am very proud to do so to support my peers.
More recently I attended some of the WIN events at DLA and have been impressed with how aligned they have been to my needs as a head of a function. They have been insightful, provoking and provided a great platform for discussion, sharing of ideas and networking – having been well attended. It’s not easy to differentiate between law firms at times, but the WIN initiative is definitely one way in which DLA has set itself apart from the competition.
DLA Pipers implementation and roll-out of DLA's "What In-House Lawyers Need" (WIN) forum is a shining example of how law firms should engage in client development/marketing whilst at the same time allowing access to peer networking and best practice/knowledge sharing.
More of the same please! The programme is very well thought out and delivered.
The WIN events I have attended have been focussed, practice and goal orientated, providing useful tools and suggestions I am able to employ in my work