Today’s in-house lawyer should add value through their intellectual, technical and emotional intelligence. Do you have the first two? Almost certainly. Would you benefit from developing the third one? Most definitely. This is more important than ever, as times are tough right now. You’re working - remotely - at a furious pace against a business background that’s changing minute by minute.
Working remotely and flexibly in this new business era we have entered has its advantages and of course its drawbacks – you get to know your clients and colleagues in more (professionally) intimate ways, and yet on virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom it can be hard to speak up, to contribute meaningfully at the right time and in the right way, adding value as something more than an excellent technical lawyer.
This one-hour session looks at the core components of Social Style and Versatility, and Assertiveness:
- Style and Versatility is a behaviourally-based model designed to help you understand and manage yourself and others, flexing your behaviours in response – which has never been more important than during this time of near-constant change and ambiguity.
- Assertiveness is a core emotional intelligence competency, which will influence how and how much you speak up. Being assertive in the right way and at the right time will contribute to your ability to guide your business through tricky territory and tough times.
- Welcome and context: working remotely and flexibly in an uncertain world and adding value via your relationship building skills.
- The components of Social Style: the two dimensions and how to spot them.
- The components of Versatility: how to flex your behaviour appropriately.
- Assertiveness: what it is, what it’s not and why it matters.
- How to develop your assertiveness: self-regard, skills and self-awareness.
- Action planning.
Join us for this practical session that will leave you feeling confident, energised and ready to act.
The WIN Team