WIN Keynote Panel: The Rise of Legal Operations
The role of the in-house legal operations function is rapidly growing and reshaping the legal industry along the way.
Thinking about why, how and who in regards to how legal services are delivered is now a major area of focus for many legal teams. An effective legal operations team can streamline the way your in-house function works and transform your relationships with external counsel, and are now a significant factor in the direction of travel of many in-house departments and their external spend.
But this is a young and still somewhat undefined discipline and its professionals can come from a range of backgrounds and expertise. The constant challenge of doing more for less can make the implementation of operational thinking a challenge for many legal departments; particularly if they are not able to dedicate a professional to the task.
In this WIN panel discussion we will debate what the rise of legal operations means for in-house teams, whether a dedicated legal operations function is necessary for every company, and how different types of legal departments are using an operational focus with proven return on investment.
Areas for discussion include:
- Getting started with operational thinking – how and why?
- How can a legal operations role bring added value to both the legal department and the business?
- What legal operations strategy and framework have others implemented in their organisation?
- Can you do it yourself or do you need a professional?
- What does the rise of legal operations mean for the general counsel role?
- How can you leverage external support, such as outside counsel, to assist in your legal operations journey?
Our panel include legal operations professionals, lawyers and those who have a foot in both camps. They will offer a variety of different perspectives from legal teams of different size and spend, with real world examples and practical insight that can benefit any in-house lawyer.
- Rob Booth, General Counsel, Crown Estates
- Mo Zain Ajaz, Chief Counsel of Property and Group Operational Excellence, National Grid
- Caroline Brown, Head of Legal Operations, Aviva
- Facilitator: Mark O’Conor, Partner, DLA Piper
Wednesday 20 March
Registration opens at 5:30pm for a 6:00pm panel start. Panel concludes at 7:30pm with a drinks reception.
About WIN – Knowledge, support & networking for the in-house legal community
Our multi award-winning WIN programme is all about you: offering an evolving series of events, tools and forums which address the legal, commercial and personal aspects of working in-house.
WIN now operates in 33 cities worldwide, with over 70 events held per year. We have over 7,700 registered users from 99 countries.
Over 21,000 clients have attended a WIN event and we invite you to join our growing community by registering for WIN today. Visit www.dlapiperwin.com for more information.
Who should attend
Please note that this event is only open to in-house lawyers.
There are no available dates.
This event has been added successfully!
You can add more events to your selection before completing the registration process. Invoices for chargeable events will be posted within two days after the online booking is complete.